A Start Up Kit launches this week from all good bookstores and leading retailers which includes over £400-worth of offers from leading small business brands such as Powa.com , Barclays, O2, Google, MOO, Bitsy and Blackberry. At £25, we think, it’s a no-brainer. There is a competition to win a kit plus a 2 months free subscription to business website Bitsy – see below.
There are tens of thousands of new businesses created in the UK each year and most commentators agree that in this tough economic climate it is the new small businesses that are the secret to growth for the UK economy. It’s great to see these big brands come together and provide both a step-by-step guide to key things for a new business – and the big discounts to make those things happen. Particularly impressed with the 6-12 months start on websites from Powa (for just £30) and the free photos from iStock to help you get your website up an running – vital for any new business.
To celebrate the release of the Start Up Kit we’re teaming up with Brightword to give away a copy a day for the next five days.
The competition takes place on Twitter. All you need to do is include the #skit tag in any tweet. You can be creative with your tweet or retweet this message from Brightword Publishing. Don’t forget to follow @brightwordpub to find out if you’ve won.
You can tweet #skit as often as you like. Each of these tweets will be eligible and a winner will be chosen at random at random.org.
For full terms and conditions and to find out more about the Start Up Kit visit the Brightword Publishing website.
About the Start Up Kit
The Start-Up Kit contains everything you need to start and run your own business.
- A book covering all aspects of starting up – from developing a business idea and setting up a company to marketing your new business, getting that first sale and making the most of the latest tech developments. Full of great advice from Enterprise Nation founder and Start-Up expert Emma Jones and packed with case studies from people who’ve already started their own successful businesses.
Amazing offers from some of the leading brands for small business:
- Barclays – a business bank account with £25 in the account
- O2 and BlackBerry – a free month’s line rental
- Google – £30 of AdWords advertising
- MOO.COM – free pack of 50 MOO business cards
- HP – 10% discount on any HP products
- Experian – 200 free sales contacts
- Powa – save up to £270 on a website for your new business
- PayPal – no fees for 3 months on your Powa website
- Regus – 1 month’s free businessworld membership
- iStockphoto – 20% discount on stock imagery plus 25 free images
- GoToMeeting – 60 day free trial
- Bitsy – 2 months free subscription